Tuesday, December 23, 2014

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 11

Day 11: 30 Day Writing Challenge 
Writing Prompt: Your opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it 

All my life I have been above averagely happy and comfortable with my body, except now. Having graduated college and stopped swimming and working out, the typical 30 hours a week that I was, has been very hard on my eating habits and my body. I work out, if I am lucky, about 10 hours a week, but I still eat as though I was in college and swimming that much. I don’t have to tell you what happens, about that…you gain weight. Since May, I have gained 10 pounds. I realize that it could be worse, however, as much as I try, I can’t seem to lose it. I’ll go on a diet, and lose weight, then my diet will end and I’ll just start stuffing my face with treats (by the way, I have the biggest sweet tooth). 

Obviously I need to change my eating habits for good. Good news, I have an allergist appointment next Tuesday and am making an appointment with a dietician. I know I am allergic to something else because I keep having strange and repetitive symptoms. 


So the question, am I comfortable with my body. Yes and no. Yes, but not as comfortable as I was in the past. I need to amp up my workouts and tone down my eating habits. I need to do some ab work and get my six pack back. I need to tone out my legs. But have no fear, once the summer comes back, I’ll be on those mountains in a heartbeat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment